Autocrash is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This notice explains how we use any personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations(GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
The GDPR sets out that personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with that purpose.
- Relevant to the purpose we have told you about and limited only to that purpose.
- Accurate and up to date.
- Kept only as long as is necessary for the purposes we have told you about or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect, store and use the following types of personal data about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses
- Bank account details
- Your insurance claim details (if our work is part of an insurance claim)
- Your vehicle information (make, model, registration number, VIN number)
- Your communications with us and any feedback you provide.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
- From you directly, either verbally or written, or;
- From your insurance company or;
- Your accident management company
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform our services to you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where necessary for legitimate interests pursued by a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For instance, your insurance company.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use automated decision making processes using your personal data.
We will share your personal data with third parties and other service providers where it is necessary to perform our services to you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so, or when required by law.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). ‘’Third parties includes third party service providers (including contractors and designated agents).
|Third Party||Data Processing Purpose|
Management of repairs
Customer feedback surveys
Supply of parts
Supply of parts
Vehicle system diagnostics, repair and calibration
Vehicle repairs beyond the scope of our own facilities
Vehicle repairs beyond the scope of our own facilities
|Vehicle Recovery Agents||Vehicle recovery, collection and delivery services|
|Software & Support Providers||Systems Management of Vehicle repair|
All third parties are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions, and not for their own purposes.
We have security measures in place to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to only those employees, agents, contractors or third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality, if we suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of the breach where we are legally required to do so.
We only retain your personal data for as long we necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal,
accounting or reporting requirements and that will usually be for a maximum of 6 years.
In some circumstances we may anonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTRICTION
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (data subject access request). To receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. You can have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us in writing. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a method of security to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us directly. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have a legitimate basis for doing so in law.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but not providing certain data could prevent us from providing our services to you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.